WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address and telephone number.
- Delivery and billing address
- Item purchased, value and method of payment.
The information is collected through the completion of online, craft market/fair or telephone orders and is used solely for the purpose of fulfilling the order. Details are also collected through enquiries (including via our business social media accounts on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook regarding orders or competition entries), emails and quotes. Our lawful basis for collecting the information is contractual; your information is required for the fulfilment of the order.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Creating, dispatching and if necessary, contacting you regarding your order.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only do this IF you have consented to receiving such information via our newsletter.
We are legally obligated to hold any data relating to orders for a minimum of seven years for HMRC. Any details used out with the processing of your order are used as we have a legitimate interest.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Your information is shared with third parties when necessary for the completion of your order. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to Skull and Cross Buns, such as delivery companies, e-commerce platforms and trusted payment processors, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- If we sell or merge my business, we may disclose your information as part of the transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that is reasonably necessary to: a) respond to legal process or to government requests; b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or other.
By subscribing to our newsletters, you are agreeing to our sending out information on promotions, new collections and news we feel might be of interest to you relating to Skull and Cross Buns. We will never share your details with other third-party companies. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe, this is easily done by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link which is provided at the bottom of each email sent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and in store.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You can read more on how Google Analytics works here: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to Skull and Cross Buns, Orchard Mead, School Rd, Silverton, Exeter, EX5 4JH. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Emily Fox trading as Skull and Cross Buns (business), am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me via the address above or via [email protected]
If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.